There are three easy steps required for volunteer participation.
Step 1: Prior to Completing the Online Application
Complete the following:
- Read the Statement of Faith at www.cefonline.com/about/statementoffaith
- Read the Worker’s Compliance Agreement at www.cefonline.com/wca
- Read the Child Protection Policy at www.cefonline.com/policy.
- Watch the 9-minute “Protecting Today’s Child” presentation at www.cefonline.com/childprotection or listen at 1-866-878-4182
- Gather the following information to enter online:
- Your salvation testimony
- Reference contact information (name, phone, email)
- This should include: pastor or church leader, previous employer and two personal references. No relatives please.
- Previous addresses (last 5 years)
- Driver’s License (if applicable) and Social Security Number
Step 2: Apply Online
If you have prepared the information requested in Step 1, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to complete the online application. Note: The system will time out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity and you must complete the form within 40 minutes.
Please go to www.ministryopportunities.org/CEFJacksonCounty to complete your online application and background check.
**Online parental consent for reference checks is required for applicants under the age of 18.**
If You Are a Minor:
- After you enter your birth date a pop-up notification will appear. Your parent/guardian must click OK and you can continue with the form.
- At the end of the form, your parent/guardian must be the one to check the “I Agree” box and enter their full name as a signature.
Step 3: ID Check and Interview
This final step will be completed by your CEF® team leader at your church’s orientation meeting, prior to serving.
- You will be required to show a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, or school ID) and answer a few interview questions.
- Once this step is complete, you will receive your nametag, indicating that you are a screened volunteer.